Janet's Adventures

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

G-G-G-Guitar

Sorry, nothing too exciting has happened lately, nothing post-worthy,... until now, today, i looked up the exchange rate and it was quite good for the Canadian Dollar conversion to NZ Dollar, sooo,... i thought I'd just go look at guitars at the second-hand store, well, I kinda found myself unable to put one of them down, it was actually a new one but still very reasonably priced, anyhow, in the end I decided to treat myself and use my first weeks rent savings on this guitar. Its a 3/4 or camp guitar (basically its just smaller) which is great for just playing for fun and especially for travelling, so we'll see how long it can stay with me. I talked to the store and they said that if i bring it back in good condition next year they can give me up to 50% of the price i paid for it (then they'll turn around and sell it full price again i assume, hehe, but anyhow it a good deal) I'm very happy, I played all through my lunch time and had to quickly rush and eat something before class, my fingers hurt.. its been a while. Otherwise, RA duties are going great, its pub night tonight and I'm on back-up duty so I get to go around and confiscate glass bottles and the such, my residents are great, I have a floor of mostly first years and a floor of mostly graduate/masters students (both ends of the spectrum). I put __________ is: signs up and everyone seems to enjoy them. I also wrote a newsletter for our house and have a candy dish for visitors, I'm having residents over Sunday evening most likely to get to know them a bit better. Things are good here! I would really really love to hear how things are with all of you, please 'flick' (as they say here) me an email when you have a chance - I understand many of you are done with York this week, congrats!

1 Comments:

At 12:03 pm, Blogger Janet said...

ah, yes, sorry, _____ is: signs are the persons name, ex, Janet is: and then a list of common places to be, i.e. -at the library -in class -in the lounge -sleeping -out -busy, etc etc. They are all listed down the left hand side and you use a paper clip to indicate where you are so when people come to visit, they know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home