Janet's Adventures

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Slower weekend

Saturday I did nothing but chores. I did laundry and cleaned up, then I started the first season of Felicity again. Sunday I was planning keep such a rhythm and try to keep as low-key as possible. James texted me and invited me over, so I went. Anyhow, we ended up watching two movies, neither of which I had heard of before yestaurday, "7 Layer Cake" and "Lords of DogTown" - the first was not so great, the second was quite interesting. I had real homemade food for lunch AND dinner at his place with his flatmate. James also took me for a drive around the Port hills (I have hiked a few of the individual paths but never seen the whole length so it was beautiful) We stopped at one area with large rock formations and James proceeded to climb them with the expectation I would follow, I started to and then asked how far we were going, he just asked me out adventurous I felt, of course I said I was up for anything, so the climbing went on. It wasnt so bad when you are just taking it one step at a time, there were about three spots where I needed coaching to figure out how to move my body to get myself to the next level. At one point I got to the top and was very excited to have made it, got James to take my picture and everything, only to find out we were only half way and actually were going to the very tip of the rock formation. It was nice once we got there, just relaxed for a bit, then it got very windy and we opted to leave. Now going back down is much more difficult, but in the end it was very satisfying to look back upon, especially considering my earlier plans for the day involved nothing but reading a book. Today we had some classes and now I need to run some erronds. Thats all that is new!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home