A weekend full of cold weather and sports
The internet has been down for a bit so I do apologize for the my tardy post. This weekend the weather has been brutal, super cold and lots of rain, however, it was still a good time. Saturday a small group of us faced the rain and tried to get to Turners' Auctions to look at cheap used cars - however we got a bit lost and it was downpouring, needless to say it was an interesting adventure getting there, upon arriving we were informed that Saturday they show their over $6000 cars... and its not until Tuesday that we can look at the under $6000 ones, so Erin and I decided to look around anyhow just to get a feel for how it all works, the other girls headed home. Then we went down to the Arts Center but as it was downpouring still, alot of things were not open, we still had a good tiem exploring the few indoor shops and got some yummy falafel wraps, and free fudge samples, ha. Anyhow, Saturday was pretty exhausting so far, but, then as soon as I got home I found out the people I was heading to the game with were just heading out, so we quickly ate a bite of food and ran out to the Rugby game. The game was pretty fun, it was just soooooo cold, the rain stopped at least. The interesting thing about these games is the obsession people have with throwing their beer bottles whenever the wave goes around - really makes you re-think your opinion on 'the wave' Sunday was sports day at the residence, it was sooooo much fun, we were playing softball and volleyball, i kinda just changed teams to stay at softball for the whole time. I was pitcher for my first team, good times, and we were playing with a large group of the Japanese exhange students who didnt know any of the rules, it was so cute, but they had some really far hits, I learned a few Japanese words. We had a BBQ and that was pretty much the weekend. I really want to be able to leave Christchurch and explore some other cities, its getting a little sufficating to stay here alll the time, hence my search for a car. Classes this week are focussed entirely on the interpersonal and intrapersonal aspects of teaching, its kinda neat but its also pretty tiring and long days.

2 Comments:
who won the game?
to Aaron- if you look at the photos you will see CANTEBURY CRUSADESR KICKED BUTT to Auckland!
Post a Comment
<< Home