best Monday ever!

Saturday's photo scavenger hunt was a lot of fun, we got to do some crazy things, look at the photos I was able to post a couple, we had to find the most expensive car we could and get a picture in it, we also tried on wedding dresses and wetsuits, had our pic taken with sweaty soccer guys, bakers, security officers, dogs, in the city fountain, and more! Saturday night I hit the chinese lantern festival downtown, sooo cool, huge 3D lanterns, refer to pics. Sunday, I decided against the concert in the end, as I didnt really know their music. I ended up spending a portion of the afternoon with Laura and Erin at the big box stores, I got shoes for teaching. Sunday evenings' highlight was when our RA took us to a secret stash of leftover food that was going to get pitched, we all got containers of food (falafel and pasta salad for me, yum) it was a classic student moment. This morning the day started kinda rough, I thought,"oh yes, well lets not forget its Monday" - our ride was an hour late picking us up for placement and we had to scramble to find another way there, breakfast was a bust as usual and it was cold outside. However, upon arriving at the school, things began to look up. The sky cleared and the sun shone in, in the classroom I was an observer, not teacher today so i got to sit back and watch the adorable kids, and the slightly pesky ones too. In the debrief session afterwards I accidently said that the kiwi system kicked ontario's ass.. i guess teachers arent supposed to swear cause people were quite silent, we're all adults here right? i say it needed to be said. Anyhow, afterwards I came back to my room and found out that the other class was excused from our THIRD session on 'how to use a friggen webpage' so I decided I should also be excused. A few of the other girls were heading to Tailors Mistake Beach, so I joined, and boy and am i happy i did, it was sooo beautiful and what a wonderful day for the beach. So in the end, Monday has turned out to be quite a good day! Plus, dinner was veggie chow mein, yum.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home