my new place to reside!
I went over to check out the house I am going to live in in 7 weeks from now and until I head back home. Its soooo awesome!! I am very very excited to get all moved in and sorted. A friend of mine and her husband have a house out near the port hills, its a nice location, and they have an extra room that they are going to rent out to me for the remainder of my time in New Zealand. My room is great, its pretty big and it already has a bed, plus my other friend Anna has offered to lend me a dresser and a small desk for the 7 months or so, I love these kind kiwis! The room itself is very fun, it looks like a child's room, hence I love it - there is a border of colourful stars around waist height, and the very best best best part is going to be that I will no longer be subject to the cafeteria food that seems to make everyone feel ill moments after consuming. It will be the best having a kitchen to cook in that I can keep food in and not have to pack up a backpack to take over every time I want to cook, like it is here. The more I think about it the more anxious I am for residence to be in my past. No more residence life every again after this, not only can I not imagine doing anymore tertiary education, but in the very small chance I did, it would NOT involve residence. Its been great, and I've loved having the opportunity to take on the role of RA but I'm through with it.
In other news... while I was at this house I was talking to this couple (Tamasine and Rob) about how great my car has been and how its allowing me to live at a place like this which requires a drive into school... well... moments later, they took off to a netball game, after waving them off, I went to start Puddin' and.... it died, completely horribly sounds and then NOTHING! Well, I stayed calm, called the AA and hung out in their yard and played with the dogs... 30 mins later, AA man showed up to save me! It turned out the wire that sparks the battery when you start up the car had come loose, he fixed it and itwas all good.. until.. he took me over to a spot on the car and said "hear that?".."yes"..."see how that part there is moving a lot?"... "yes..."..."Thats not good, you need a new waterpump, otherwise the engine will overheat and catch fire, replace it ASAP" well.. I guess that confirms the mechanic report which advised me to do so 7 months ago, but I thought he was just out for an extra dollar.. guess not, so now I need to get it fixed becaseu I'm starting to rely on it. Another thing to do this week, but no biggy, its still been a great investment.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home