and, I'm the teacher
It turns out my associate will not be back as she has orders by the doctor not to. It has been a stressful week due to this discovery, however, its turned into quite a positive now. I have become the most constant teacher figure in this classroom and the children treat me as the teacher, fully and faithfully, unfortunately this means I get every little complaint from all the children, I hear "Miss Gibson" more times in a day than I ever imagined possible. I am planning the entire week next week from total scratch, blank schedule, its pretty neat, I'm going to test out a "Teacher In Role" drama lesson with my students for my next observation weds afternoon, its a lot of preperation and you need to know your class really well to pull it off, so i might be setting myself up for total failure but i like to think more likely total success. I do know these children well, I have a geniune interest for each one of them and I will be very sad to leave them in two weeks time.
In other news: I went figure skating wednesday evening, it was a residence event, and it was fun, as well as FRUSTRATING because the skates were soo dull it literally felt like there was a piece of masking tape over the entire lenght of the blade and picks, plus the ice was watery at the ends and pretty hacked up. I could not do anything impressive, other than skating backwards and the odd walts jump (even that was wobbly) The neatest thing about this public skating is that its run like a rollerrink would be back home, they turn the lights out and have coloured spot lights and strobe lights, bubbles that fall from the sky on cue, and the classic macarana competition in the center ice. I enjoyed helping people skate and seeing their drastic progress, especially some of the Japanese students, it was a good time overall - sorry that was basically all one sentence LOL!
Nicole is back this weekend, I will be around doing school work, I hope I can connect with some of you shortly.
Jason arrives in 8 days!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home