Janet's Adventures

Sunday, August 20, 2006

First day of second placement

Well, today had kind of an interesting start to it, but don't worry, in the end it all worked out. This morning I headed out to my placement, I went over and picked up my college car, it was 7:30 am and I needed to be in Kaiapoi by 8am. Problem number one: the last person that had the vehicle pulled straight in and the spot is similar in awkwardness to the parking spot mom and I had at the old apartment on Main, anyhow it was very difficult to maneuver out. Problem number two: as soon as I pulled out onto the highway, the gas light came on and the car was fully on empty, grrr.. AND the gas can only be bought at one specific chain of gas stations because the college has an account with them, well I finally found one of these such stations. Problem number three: rush-hour traffic and no light, I sat waiting to turn into the gas station for over 5 minutes until some people finally stopped and let me in. I figured out the gas station stuff and when I looked down at my watch to see the time, I was distracted by the bright green at my hip, it had turned out that the zipper on my skirt broke and my green underwear was in clearly displayed in the gapping opening of my skirt... soo... it was already 8am and I didn’t have time to go back and change so I headed back out, of course I was on the wrong side of the highway and had to get turned around at the next light, at which I also tried to fiddle with my zipper in hopes of fixing it, I was unable, however I DID get the pulley part down so that the whole was cut in half and hiked up the skirt so most of my underwear was covered either by skirt or jacket. Arrived at school late and shamefully walked into the staff meeting with my head down. After the meeting, I told my associate briefly why I was late and about my skirt dilemma, she scored me a safety pin and I was able to make some makeshift solutions. The day got MUCH better once the bell rang and school actually began. The students are so sweet and they are just so excited to have me there. In music class I played the guitar with them as they sang and they clapped for me when the song was done hehe, and I will be playing for their class to perform at the school assembly this Wednesday. We had a syndicate meeting after school and I didn’t get back home until 5:15pm, just in time for dinner ha. I'm tired, and we have an RA meeting tonight, joy! All in all it was a good day and I have fun story to share, I'll go get my skirt fixed this week sometime, I need to get a pair of pants hemmed too, so it will be a trip to the ole tailor.

1 Comments:

At 11:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything worked out okay in the end. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home