Janet's Adventures

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Bus Trip,

This past Friday, after purchasing some much required teaching clothes and shoes, I went out with a heap of people from my class on a bus trip. In New Zealand saying that much would already tell the listener that I spent the evening on a bus (which drinking is allowed on, believe it or not) travelling between different rural bars. As a class we decided to make it a themed night and everyone was required to dress as something that started with the same first letter as their name. I didnt have a costume figured out and was really not in the moood to partake mere hours before departing, but in the end, I threw together a little outfit with wings and antenea and called myself a 'Jitterbug' I had no clue what to expect on this adventure but it actually turned out to be a very fun evening. I barely drank at all, infact I didnt buy any drinks the whole night but was still given the odd beer by classmates. The fun part was that we would unload the bus into a completely desolate bar and take over for half an hour before loading the bus and moving on to the next, it was all differnt kinds of music and no creepy lurkers since it was mostly just our class and their friends! It would never fly in Canada, liability would be too high, but I gotta say, its a good idea, way to go New Zealand. I know there are some fun pictures but i didnt take my camera so it will be a little bit until I get them off others. In the meantime, enjoy the picture of me dressed a Jitterbug, which was taken before departure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home