Sydney Aquarium, Art Gallery, and Sidebar
Today it was raining - all day, boo! Nonetheless I decided to get up early (after a kinda late night out) and walk down to the Aquarium. The friends i've made here have already been so I went alone. It was kinda neat, I mean, its an aquarium and I think they all share their ideas with each other. This one looked very similar to one I went to in um.. i dont remember somewhere in the states on a choir trip - Boston maybe? Anyhow, the coolest part was the classic shark tunnel where you walk under lots of crazy water life including many species of scary sharks. I actually enjoyed it, didnt feel scared but rather found it interesting to study them upclose. I came back to meet up with some friends and we headed to the Museum of Contemporary Art. I didnt enjoy the artist who features on two whole floors but the upper floors which was dedicated to a moving French exhibit was interesting, really messed up videos and I kept thinking to myself, what makes these special enough to get from YouTube to this art gallery? ha. There was also a bunch of french tv shows playing from the 80's. I was with a french guy who just loved it! He certainly made it more enjoyable having a story for every show and telling me who was not longer alive and the gossip around certain others. Then we went out to Sidebar again tonight, they have some great live music, it was the same guy as last night but he had a friend too so yea overall it was good. I miss having contact with people at home. It doenst feel Christmassy at all... I need to fix that, perhaps taking in the Christmas Carol show at the opera house will help?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home