Janet's Adventures

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Puddin' Update

The amazing adventures of Puddin' go on. I share yesterdays' eventful car ride. Nicole and I were heading out to do a little shoppping, of course the only route that I know involves the street with the most traffic in all of Christchurch, the second biggest in all of New Zealand, at peak hours very stop and go. I got Puddin' all warmed up, my regular route through the local dead end streets around the college, let her have a ritualistic stall, and then good to go... or so I thought. On our way down Riccarton (the busy street) Puddin' kept stalling at lights, i got it started again most times, but one time it was just stop and go traffic, no light and she totally gave up. There were bad sounds, and many looks. Two boys started to point and laugh, but we were laughing too and they offered to give us a push, so put it into Neutral and proceeded to be pushed down this busy street (ok imagine it as um, being pushed down younge street at rush hour, without as many lanes :P) It worked though, I was able to start it while they pusehd and we were off, yelled thank-you out hte window and she felt good, until... another RED light, and this was the one we needed to turn right at (the kind of turn thats like left back home, crossing the intersection etc) well, i didnt go into the interssection until i could actually turn for obvious safety reasons, but everytime there was an opportunity she kept stalling, finally the light turned amber and we had a little repeat of last time, only crossing traffic, I had the peddle to the floor and it was putt-putting through the intersection, got some honks, but then, again, it picked up as soon as I got through and we took off! In the end, we made it to our destination, on the way home it was great, but we checked a map and took a less busy route, i will not make that mistake again. Lesson learned.

Otherwise, it was a good day, saw Erin off to the airport, shes on her way back to Canada as we speak, went out to dinner with Nicole and soon i'm taking HER to the airport to meet her family in Australia.

Happy Birthday to Grandma Ince!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home