Exploring Downtown
Yestaurday I went exploring the downtown on my own. It was great. Cathedral square is really nice, its hard to tell in the picture because it was a gloomy and partly rainy day, but they had this huge 'flowers and romance' festival of flowers going on - the entire inside and much of the outside actually, covered in beautiful flowers and gardens. It had an entry fee so i just took it in from the view in the doors but it certianly looked beautiful. There are street performers in this square too, there were girls on stilts dressed as flowers and crazy old men rambling about saviours. I walked as far as it felt comfortable to in every direction from the center and really got a feel for the area. Its a really nice city. i also finally found a Nalgene bottle replacement, as mine got lost in the flight over, and I acquired a mobile phone. I met this very nice girl from the states at the phone place and we both got the same phone and then texted each other like losers right outside the store to see how it worked :P Anyhow, it was nice to make a new friend and we'll be in contact for some upcoming adventures. Then our friend Jeremy had us over for a Valentines day dinner, it was very sweet, he bought enough place settings at his place for the four of us and made us vegetarian pasta. Not long after dinner I met up with another friend, Mia, who we'd met in the airport way back when, and the two of us went to see Brokeback Mountain. It was pretty funny how lost we got trying to find the theatre but in the end we found it and arrived just in time for it to start. The movie was very powerful, so powerful that i forgot to catch the last bus home (as it passed while we were in the movie still) Its all good though, I found another bus that runs just a 10 minute walk from our campus and caught its last run, phew. Today, theres no plan as of yet, but i'm sure something wil come up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home